Why choose adoption in Missouri?
Adoption is a beautiful process that has been practiced and utilized for years. If you don’t know, adoption is when a child is legally put into the care of another family. That child will then be raised as their own and call their new adoptive parents mom and dad. In most cases, the adopted child has no relation to the adoptive parent and are different in the race. Still, that is what makes adoption beautiful. A family wants to adopt a child without any preferences to give them love, health, and a beautiful future.
As birth mothers, we understand that that might sound beautiful, but it will be different once the process begins. That is true, but our adoption process is thorough at Adoption Choices of Missouri with loving staff to support you. Also, as an adoption agency in Missouri, we serve birth mothers or adoptive parents seeking adoption with love and grace. As we always say, we want to build families with the babies being our top priority.
While doing so, we want to end the stigma that affects birth mothers such as yourself every day. There is a negative connotation surrounding adoption in MO, but we have witnessed the good and the bad as an agency, so we understand. But, we want those looking from the outside to not have one scenario broadcasted on TV surrounding neglectful adoptive parents to be the poster of adoption. Due to the stigma, certain birth mothers, including you, may question if adoption is a choice regarding your unplanned pregnancy.
Is the adoption process long in Missouri?
We have a thorough laid-out adoption plan for each birth mother that comes to us. That is why you shouldn’t have any concerns regarding the process at all. As your selection adoption agency, our priority is your health as well. If your health deteriorates due to the stress of the adoption process, then it can affect your unborn baby. We don’t want that at all. We want you as healthy as you can be! The process is at a steady pace, but you play a vital role in the progression of the adoption.
- Step 1: If you face an unplanned pregnancy and think about choosing adoption instead of terminating your pregnancy, come to Adoption Choices of Missouri. We will answer any questions you have and provide you with help if you decide to utilize our services. Contact as soon as possible to begin the process of adoption.
- Step 2: From there, you will have a meeting with a chosen caseworker that will be in charge of your adoption. Your case can come to you, or you can come to us in our facility based upon your location.
- Step 3: Of course, in any process, you have to fill out paperwork, so since this is a delicate process, you will be provided such to sign. Also, before your paper is given to you for protection reasons, we will need documentation proving you are pregnant.
- Step 4: If you are in need of financial and medical assistance, we can help with that. We want you healthy, so if you don’t have a frequent doctor at that point, we can provide you with one.
- Step 5: Based upon the preferences you have given us on the family you want to adopt your child, we will provide you parent profiles. They will consist of different families that will potentially adopt your unborn child. If you are not in support or pick any of the families, we can definitely provide you with more.
- Step 6: If needed, we can provide you with housing with expenses covered during the duration of the adoption process.
- Step 7: Depending on the type of adoption you choose: closed, semi-closed, or open adoption, you will have a conference with the adoptive family of your child. It can be in person or solely through your caseworker.
- Step 8: As your pregnancy prolongs, so will the adoption process. During the course of such, you will have to keep in contact with us as your adoption agency. Also, keep up with your doctor’s appointments.
- Step 9: Once your due date arrives, your caseworker will be there by your side for support and to follow your birth plan. We will make sure the hospital validates your wants and needs.
- Step 10: After birth, your baby will be given to the adoptive family, and they shall take them home. Then a court date will arrive where you will give up parental rights.
- Step 11: Based upon the type of adoption you picked as the birth mother, you and the adoptive family will continue to have contact. Six weeks after the birth of your baby, expenses shall end.
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and are doubting about choosing adoption, know the process is not hard or stressful. Adoption Choices of Missouri is a great agency that will support you while answering all the questions and concerns you have.
Choose Adoption, and We Will Support You
We are a private agency with credentials in adoption and have participated in multiple adoption cases. If you are contemplating adoption, contact us as soon as possible to ask us any questions or more! You can contact us through our website or by phone through text and phone calls. We are available seven days a week and 24 hours a day, meaning there is no rush at all!
Meet the Author: Imani Agbionu is a recent graduate from George Mason University, earning her Bachelor of Science in Marketing. With a history in writing for her former university’s online publication, Her Campus, she aspires to become a successful journalist who can provide for herself and her family. She is from Washington, DC, where she has lived her whole life, but one day wants to move to experience and call another state home. Her mother is from Washington, DC, and her father is from Nigeria, part of the Igbo tribe. As an introvert, she loves streaming platforms, with her favorites being HBO Max, Netflix, and Disney+. Unfortunately, she can’t pick one due to all playing a vital role in her life on a daily basis. She enjoys reading, with her favorite book being The Shining by Stephen King, which she sees as unusual since she is a fearful person that avoids horror at all costs. Listening to music is a vital mechanism that helps her stay calm and deal with her anxiety at times. As an inspiring Journalist, she likes to write about a plethora of topics that some may look at as controversial, but she believes in staying true to herself. She doesn’t mind having conversations with people as long as opinions are being respected.