Who Can Help Me with an Unplanned Pregnancy in Missouri?
Experiencing an unplanned pregnancy can be overwhelming. Still, at our local Missouri adoption agency, we have supportive adoption professionals to help answer your questions and address your concerns during your pregnancy and adoption process. We at Adoption Choices of Missouri will help and support you through your pregnancy, during your adoption process, and after your child’s adoption becomes finalized. Our Missouri adoption agency has listed four types of adoption professionals who can assist you in your adoption process.
Four Types of Adoption Professionals Who Can Give You Unplanned Pregnancy Help
- Adoption Caseworker – At Adoption Choices of Missouri, we have professional adoption caseworkers that will assist you in every step of your adoption. Our adoption caseworkers will help answer any questions or concerns that you may have about each step of your adoption process, such as what to include in your Missouri adoption plan. Your situation may differ from other birth mothers, and you may need to receive financial or housing assistance as a pregnant woman. This is perfectly okay. Just remember that we will never judge you, and our Missouri caseworkers will listen to your voice as a potential birth mother.
- Adoption Counselors – At Adoption Choices of Missouri, we offer adoption counseling services. Our adoption counselors will help you work through your feelings about your Missouri adoption process before and after your adoption is finalized. We will help you connect with our birth mother support groups and other birth mother resources, like birth mother retreats and online birth mother groups. By doing this, you may feel more understood, less alone, and relieved in your decision.
- Medical Team – Throughout your pregnancy, you will receive medical assistance to support the health and well-being of you and your baby. Your doctor will monitor your pregnancy and make sure to detect any health issues you or your baby have early on. In addition, your doctor will be there to support you and be available to answer any questions or concerns that you have. This will better prepare you as your pregnancy moves along. Having a compassionate doctor who cares about your pregnancy needs will help you feel more in control when the time comes to implement your unique labor and delivery plan as a new birth mother.
- Other Birth Mothers – Although birth mothers are not trained adoption professionals, hearing their stories and getting their advice might benefit you if you are feeling overwhelmed by being a new birth mother. However, finding other birth mothers with whom you can exchange thoughts and feelings about the adoption process might help you feel less isolated during your adoption journey. Gaining different birth mothers’ perspectives on various adoption questions you may have can be especially helpful and comforting. These questions may include:
- How do I get along with my child’s adoptive parents in the first year?
- How do I handle my emotions as a birth mother on important holidays?
- How should I thank my child’s adoptive parents when I am ready?
Learning how to explore these topics will benefit you as your child grows up to understand the role you play as their birth parent. Know that each of these questions will have unique answers depending on how you feel in the coming weeks, months, or even years after you finalize your adoption.
Finding Reassurance about Your Baby’s Adoption in Missouri
Dealing with an unplanned pregnancy may seem scary, but Adoption Choices of Missouri will give you the tools to deal with this pregnancy. No matter your situation, we will help you feel love, kindness, and confidence as you go through this journey. As an expectant mother, you and your baby’s well-being is the most important thing, and asking for help is not a bad thing. As a potential birth mother, you may not have had the support you imagined when you found out you were pregnant, but having people support you and make you feel special as a birth mother is what matters.
How Will You Get Unplanned Pregnancy Help in Missouri?
If you are considering adoption, make sure you reach out to Adoption Choices of Missouri so we can help you as soon as possible. Whether you are going through this pregnancy alone, or you are struggling with this decision, we will help you through it. We will surround you with people who will provide you with reassurance and positivity to lessen your stress. We will make sure you get all the care you need and deserve as a potential birth mother so you can give yourself and your baby the best life that you can. Our Missouri adoption agency’s door is always open for any situation that you may find yourself in as a potential birth mother.
Adoption Choices of Missouri serves birth parents statewide and beyond, please call us or text us to learn more! Call us toll-free at 877-903-4488 or, in Missouri call or text us at 1-816-527-9800
Meet the Author: Samara Wiley is a published author of poetry, essays, and an environmental children’s storybook called, Waiting for the Water Fairy. She graduated from Benedictine University in 2018 with a double Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and French.She has been published in three small poetry anthologies one was called Talented.
Her other writing accomplishments include: winning a high school poetry competition and $2500 for her high school, having two out of her five novels be considered for publication and writing movie critic reviews for her university’s newsletter.
Although she has Cerebral Palsy and has had a turbulent childhood, Samara puts these small specs of herself into her writing to personally connect with her audience. She prides herself on pushing the boundaries in her writing and in her personal life with everything she does. Samara writes with her heart and a voice of compassion, and loves to pull from her top passions in life.
She currently lives in Yorkville, Illinois with her mom and two sisters.