Adoption Options For Your Unplanned Pregnancy
Being pregnant unexpectedly can be an emotionally overwhelming experience. You might feel shock, fear, joy, and confusion all at once. If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, it’s important to know all of your options and the resources available. First, let’s define what an unplanned pregnancy is, look at the surrounding circumstances, and learn about the resources.
Adoption Choices of Missouri is an adoption agency assisting birth mothers with their unplanned pregnancies. Adoption in Missouri is a complex and sensitive process, and our adoption experts understand it. Our adoption counselors are experts in connecting our birth mothers to medical care, financial assistance, and support counseling. We work closely with each of our birth mothers in drafting their individualized adoption plans.
What Is Considered An Unplanned Pregnancy?
An unplanned pregnancy is a pregnancy that is unplanned or not desired. According to the Office on Women’s Health, an unplanned pregnancy is really common. 1 in 2 pregnancies in America are unplanned. Unplanned pregnancies are a result of many things. Lack of access to and knowledge of contraception is the main reason for unplanned pregnancies. Some other reasons are contraceptive failures. Unfortunately, some unplanned pregnancies are the result of sexual violence and force.
Types of Unplanned Pregnancies
There are three main types of unplanned pregnancies.
- Unwanted pregnancy: An unwanted pregnancy is a pregnancy that is not desired at any time.
- Unexpected pregnancy: A pregnancy that is earlier than the desired time for a planned pregnancy.
- Crisis pregnancy: A pregnancy that occurs in difficult circumstances. This type of pregnancy causes a high level of emotional, financial, and social stress.
Determining the type of unplanned pregnancy will be easier when figuring out the next steps.
Factors To Consider With An Unplanned Pregnancy
There are many factors that birth mothers must consider when learning about their unplanned pregnancy. Some birth mothers experience financial hardship, so caring for another is difficult. Some birth mothers are medically incapable of caring for a child. This means their medical conditions make it hard to provide a consistent level of care. It’s hard to care for and provide for a child independently without some level of support from family and/or friends. Some of our birth mothers don’t have that circle of support.
The Emotional Impact of an Unplanned Pregnancy
Being surrounded by support has a direct effect on the birth mother’s emotions. Discovering you’re pregnant unexpectedly can be an emotional process for any birth mother. Some experience joy and happiness for reasons personal to them. Others experience fear and anxiety for personal reasons. Birth mothers often experience a range of emotions throughout the pregnancy. The emotions experienced are completely normal. It’s important that birth mothers seek emotional support via counseling to help identify and manage their budding emotions.
What Are The Options For My Unplanned Pregnancy?
- Parenting the child: Giving birth, raising, and providing a stable and secure environment for your child.
- Terminating the pregnancy: As abortion is illegal in Missouri, consider talking with one of our experts at Adoption Choices of Missouri for guidance.
- Adoption: It’s easy to research ‘adoption agencies near me’ when considering adoption. However, Adoption Choices of Missouri is the best adoption agency in Missouri. Our experts will walk you through the process of adoption in Missouri.
There are options to consider when you are planning the next steps for your unplanned pregnancy. Adoption is a life-changing experience that can be beneficial for the birth mother, the child, and the adoptive family. The adoption process is a complex one, but our experts at Adoption Choices of Missouri are here to help.
Adoption Resources For My Unplanned Pregnancy
Adoption Choices of Missouri is an adoption agency providing nationwide care to birth mothers. Our experts are trained to provide expert advice to all of our birth mothers seeking guidance for their pregnancies. Our experts work closely with each of our birth mothers to create their individualized adoption plans. If eligible, we also provide financial assistance for basic living costs, including providing secured housing. Prenatal care is also offered to our birth mothers who are interested. Lastly, we provide support counseling to all our birth mothers. Adoption can be a traumatic experience for any birth mother. We want to ensure that our birth mothers are taken care of emotionally through counseling.
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and are deciding what your next steps are, give our experts a call. Our counselors at Adoption Choices of Missouri are here, waiting to hear from you.
- Office on Women’s Health. 2021. Unplanned Pregnancy, (2022, February 22). Unplanned Pregnancy. Office on Women’s Health. https://www.womenshealth.gov/pregnancy/you-get-pregnant/unplanned-pregnancy. Accessed 5 January 2024.