How an Adoption Plan Can Help You With Your Adoption Journey
By Rose O'Connor
Facing an unplanned pregnancy can be scary and overwhelming. You may be thinking about options such as parenting your child, terminating your pregnancy, or adoption. It is important to convey that you choose the most comfortable decision for you during your journey! However, if you feel like the first two options are not right for you, choosing adoption for your baby may be the best one! At Adoption Choices of Missouri, we are here to help you every step of the way. We will assist you with all of your needs, and we will offer you additional resources to help you!
If you need adoption help now, please call us at 877-903-4488, text us at 316-391-4904, or visit us at Adoption Choices of Kansas.
3 Ways an Adoption Plan Can Help You
When you create an adoption plan, you will be able to take away the extra stress you may be facing on your journey. Listing out the benefits can help you gain more insight into this step of the adoption process.
First Benefit: An Adoption Plan is Easy to Create, With The Additional Help from Our Adoption Agency
When creating an adoption plan, you will be assisted by our adoption agencies in Missouri. When you search for adoption agencies near me, you will be matched with a licensed, fully serviced, and local private adoption agency. Here is an in-depth description when searching for adoption agencies near me:
- Full-service: Since we are a full-service agency, which means that we will help you from start to finish. This will help you with your adoption plan since we will guide you step by step in placing your baby for adoption.
- Licensed: We are fully-licensed adoption agencies. Therefore, we are instructed to perform at our highest standards. When you are making an adoption plan, we make sure that your chosen adoptive family is carefully screened.
- Local: Since we are local, we will meet with you face-to-face in a setting that is comfortable for you. Furthermore, this allows us to get to know you personally. Additionally, this allows us to assist you with meeting your chosen adoptive family when outlining your birth plan.
Second Benefit: Your Adoption Plan Will be Customized To You
When you choose adoption for your child, you will always choose how you want to approach the steps of your birth plan. This includes making a decision about an adoptive family for your baby, deciding on the level of openness between you and the adoptive family, and making your hospital plan.
Third Benefit: When Creating your Birth Plan, Our Adoption Agency can Offer Further Assistance
Adoption Choices of Missouri offers financial assistance during your journey. Furthermore, your Adoption Specialist will work with you to list out your important expenses. These living expenses can be:
- Rent and Utilities
- Maternity Clothing
Furthermore, your Adoption Specialist will work with you one on one to learn more about your situation. Therefore, this will help your Adoption Scpieslit to narrow down your financial needs.
The Steps of the Adoption Plan
Once you have listed the benefits of creating a birth plan that is customized to you, you can look into the steps. Completing your plan step by step will further help you to narrow down your decision and find the right needs for you and your baby. Here are the more detailed steps:
Step 1: Contact Adoption Choices of Missouri
You can contact us through any form of communication that is comfortable for you. This can be in person, by phone, or a video call.
Step 2: Choosing your Adoptive Family
When you are choosing your adoptive family, consider the in-depth details of the family since this is an important step. We additionally call this the matching process. This allows us to gather all of the family profiles that match your and your child’s needs. Here are some important factors to consider when searching for an adoptive family.
- Hobbies and Lifestyle: What are the adoptive family’s main hobbies? Are they similar or different from when you were growing up?
- Parenting style: Would you want the adoptive family to be more strict or laid back? Or do you want them to be both?
- Cultural/ Religious Backgrounds: Consider your reflections on how you would feel if your baby was in different religious, ethnic, or cultural backgrounds.
- Location: Think about the setting you want your child to be in. Do you want your child to be in a more rural area or more like a city type?
Step 3: Choosing the Level of Openness with Your Adoptive Family
You will be able to choose which type of adoption you want between you and your adoptive family. These types of adoption are detailed here.
- Open Adoption: Open adoption is when any form of contact is allowed. This includes the exchange of phone calls, letters, emails, and other forms. Furthermore, open adoption allows in-person visits.
- Semi-Open Adoption: Semi-Open adoption is in between open and closed adoption. This means that non-identifying information is exchanged between you and your adoptive family. Additionally, Semi-Open Adoption allows the sharing of photos, letters, and emails. This can be shared directly or through ChildConnect.
- Closed Adoption: Closed adoption is when you and your adoptive family never meet. This means that you know little or nothing about each other.
Step 4: Outlining Your Hospital Plan With Adoption Choices of Missouri
You can create your hospital plan before your due date. This will include your decisions about who will be at the hospital and who will be holding your baby. Your Adoption Specialist will be there to help you throughout this step. Lastly, the baby will leave with your chosen adoptive family from the hospital. Additionally, you will give your final consent.
Step 5: Searching for Post Placement Counseling with Our Adoption Agency
Your Adoption Specialist will continue to give you all of the support you need for your adoption journey. Your adoption specialist will continue to give free counseling during and after your process. We will continue to offer you any additional resources you need.
Adoption Choices of Missouri is Here to Help!
You are not alone in your adoption journey! If you are pregnant and considering adoption, our agencies will help you every step of the way. We want to make sure you understand the process and that you are provided with additional resources. If you are a woman who wants to know more about adoption, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Choosing adoption is not giving up. If you need unplanned pregnancy help now, Adoption Choices of Kansas serves birth parents statewide and beyond. We can help with teen pregnancy, financial assistance, difficult situations, and more. Please call us or text us to learn more! Call Us 877-903-4488 or Text Us 316-391-4904.