5 Reasons to Choose LGBT Adoptive Parents as a Birth Mom in Missouri
LGBT couples and individuals deserve to be parents, because they are caring, understanding and fully committed to raising your child with all the love they have to give. Unfortunately, LGBT adoptive parents are all too often overlooked due to social, cultural or personal biases. However, studies have shown that there is little to no difference between your child being raised by in a heterosexual or same-sex family. That there are, in fact, many benefits to choosing LGBT adoptive parents for your child.
Deciding what kind of family you want to raise your child is a big decision, and a major part of the adoption process. If you are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, and are considering choosing LGBT adoptive parents for your child, you are in good hands! Adoption Choices of Missouri has listed the top 5 reasons that you, as a birth mother, should choose LGBT adoptive parents.
Reasons to Choose LGBT Adoptive Parents
- They Choose to be Parents – Same-sex couples and individuals chose to be parents through adoption, because they can’t have children on their own, but still want to embark on the exciting journey of parenthood. They want to give your child all the love and care he or she deserves.
- They Embrace Diversity – Having your child grow up with same-sex parents in a non-traditional household can teach them about accepting other children or people who may be different from them. For instance, those who are from a different culture, belief system or worldview. Having LGBT adoptive parents will allow your child to embrace these differences and express them in a positive way.
- They Understand Life’s Challenges – Having LGBT adoptive parents raise your child means that they will teach him or her about being different in many aspects of their life. Whether that’s through mental or emotional issues, LGBT adoptive parents are well-equipped to handle the struggles of your adoptee’s childhood and teen years.
- They promote Openness in the House – Same-sex households are often more open and understanding. As a whole, LGBT adoptive parents promote openness and transparency, as they understand that’s a very important part of building trust and strong communication with your child.
- They promote Confidence – Same sex adoptive parents will teach your child to be confident in everything that they do. Having your child understand why confidence is important will allow him or her to grow up and develop a strong, healthy sense of belonging in the world.
Reasons to Choose LGBT Adoptive Parents
As a birth mother choosing LGBT adoptive parents for your child, you can rest easy, knowing that your son or daughter will be loved unconditionally and mature into a happy and healthy adult. Furthermore, your child will gain new perspectives, which, if you choose an open adoption agreement, you can witness and be a part of alongside them. Your child will gain an abundance of love and understanding that you will come to cherish.
Meet the Author: Samara Wiley is a published author of poetry, essays, and an environmental children’s storybook called, Waiting for the Water Fairy. She graduated from Benedictine University in 2018 with a double Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and French.She has been published in three small poetry anthologies one was called Talented.
Her other writing accomplishments include: winning a high school poetry competition and $2500 for her high school, having two out of her five novels be considered for publication and writing movie critic reviews for her university’s newsletter.
Although she has Cerebral Palsy and has had a turbulent childhood, Samara puts these small specs of herself into her writing to personally connect with her audience. She prides herself on pushing the boundaries in her writing and in her personal life with everything she does. Samara writes with her heart and a voice of compassion, and loves to pull from her top passions in life.
She currently lives in Yorkville, Illinois with her mom and two sisters.